Built in 1859 by T. J. Monarch and C. L. Hagan on the Green River near Birk City, Cliff Falls Distillery had a daily mashing capacity of approximately 100 bushels of corn. In the late 1880s, J.W. McCulloch bought Cliff Falls and changed the name to Green River Distilling.
It was originally known as the T. J. Monarch Distillery before it was changed to Cliff Falls Distilling Company. In 1861, the name was changed to The Eagles Distilling Company before it was changed back to Cliff Falls Distilling Company. The distillery was completely destroyed by fire in 1890.

