Visit Owensboro welcomes this weekend’s Baseball Players Association World Series here in Owensboro. According to Mark Calitri, Visit Owensboro’s president, the event has drawn visitors from all across the State of Kentucky and will produce a nearly half million dollar economic impact to Owensboro and Daviess County. “Over 500 athletes will be competing at Owensboro’s…
The gates open at 5pm today for the 2017 Daviess County Lions Club Fair! With the daily attractions and nightly events there is something for the whole family to enjoy. You might even get a chance to meet the 2017 Miss Daviess County El’agance Shemwell and her sister queens!
Are you ready to achieve cornhole glory?
Don't miss your chance to join in some friendly cornhole competition at the Corporate Slyder Cup. Recruit a 5-member team from your office and challenge other internal departments, your professional colleagues out in the community or even your competitors to see who has what it takes to rise to cornhole glory!
Upcoming Conventions at the Owensboro Convention Center
- July 25-26: Audubon Area Community Services, Inc. Summer Training
- Aug. 7-11: AK Steel Union Negotiations
- Aug. 14-18: AK Steel Union Negotiations
Thursday - July 6
- Owensboro Regional Farmers’ Market at the corner of Triplett St. and E. Parish Ave., 8am-1pm.
- A Barn Raisin’ in Ryan Park at the Owensboro Museum of Fine Art, 9am-4pm.
- “World War I and America” Exhibit at the Owensboro Museum of Science and History, 10am-5pm.
- 40th Anniversary Celebration at the Owensboro Museum of Fine Art, 12-5pm.
- Kids and Art in Artland at the Owensboro Museum of Fine Art, 12-5pm.
- Historic Coal Mine Tour at the Owensboro Museum of Science and History, 3-4pm.
- Fishing Fun! at John James Audubon State Park, 6-7:30pm.
- Thursday Open Jam at the International Bluegrass Music Museum, 6-9pm.
The Owensboro Messenger Inquirer published an article yesterday, July 4, 2017, on how conventions should be modeled. Check out the article below.
Chick-fil-A should be model for conventions, Ross says
By Keith Lawrence
Tim Ross, the City's Public Events Director, wants to see Owensboro become the "Chick-fil-A of the convention business."
"Conventions can get lost in Louisville and Cincinnati," Ross, who serves on the Owensboro-Daviess County Convention & Visitors Bureau, said at a recent board meeting.
At Chick-fil-A, he said, workers and managers are very welcoming and attentive to customers, unlike some other chains.
Celebrate the City Bicentennial with a Birthday Party on downtown Owensboro’s riverfront during the All-American Fourth of July on Tuesday, July 4. The annual celebration will include live music throughout the evening, food vendors, and the 4th Fest inside the Owensboro Convention Center. The Bicentennial Birthday Party will take place at 6:30pm with a signature…
Tickets are now on sale to see Josh Turner live in concert at the Owensboro Convention Center on Oct. 13 at 8 p.m. All tickets are available online at OwensboroTickets.com, at the Owensboro Convention Center Box Office, or charge by phone at 270-297-9932. Additional processing fees apply to all ticket sales. Presented by Kentucky Legend®…
Kentucky Legend® will hold a ribbon cutting for the unveiling of the new Kentucky Legend Pier on Thursday, July 6, 2017. The ceremony will commence at Noon CST on the Pier, which is located behind the Owensboro Convention Center. Representatives from Kentucky Legend, a division of Specialty Foods Group, LLC will host the event to…
For as long as I can remember Katie Bouchard has been preparing for the Miss Kentucky pageant. Ever since she was a little girl she would go and watch the Miss Kentucky pageant each summer and every year the new Miss Kentucky would become her role model. She knew one day she wanted to be…