Milton Boulware built the main structure on what is now East Seventh Street, just east of Triplett Street, in 1865 to make apple brandy and bourbon. The plant made about one thousand barrels of whiskey and about five hundred barrels of peach and apple brandy per year.
Boulware died in 1874 and his son, Clarence, took over the operation. In 1881, he moved it to his farm at the intersection of Calhoun Road and Lyddane Bridge Road. The name was changed to Boulware and Wilhoyte and it continued mashing about 75 bushels of corn a day until just before the turn of the century.
