In 1878, Alexander Hill and W.H. Perkins bought the E.C. Berry distillery for $2,885 and renamed it Hill & Perkins. In 1881, they announced plans to build a new distillery that would have a capacity of producing 20 barrels of whiskey a day. Later, it became Hill, Perkins & Co.
By 1889, the owners were A. Rosenbield and Abe Hirsch and the distillery was known as Rock Springs Distilling Co. It continued in operation until 1918 when discussions of a national prohibition began.
