- International Bluegrass Music Museum’s 2017 Fall Concert Series
- The International Bluegrass Music Museum hosts a 2017 Fall Concert Series to help raise money for the museum to continue their efforts to preserve and honor the legacy of bluegrass music including music educational programs, general museum operating expenses, the Video Oral History Project (VOHP), and artifact collection efforts. For more information about the IBMM’s 2017 Fall Concert Series, click here.
2. Art In The City Fine Arts Festival – October 1, 2017
- The Art In The City Fine Arts Festival will be held on the back lawn of the Holiday Inn Riverfront and extending to the Owensboro Riverwalk. This show is free and open to the public from 10am-5pm. There will be music on the lawn provided by Painted Horse Recording Studio. After the show there will be a private artist reception and silent auction from 6:30-8:30pm. All profits from the reception and silent auction will go to the non-profit Owensboro Art Guild for community outreach programs in the arts. More information about the show and how to get tickets can be found here.
- Preservation Station Market Days – Oct. 7 & 8, 2017
- On the first weekend of every month Preservation Station host their Market Days. With over 100 vendors come shop all things antique, vintage, shabby chic and much more. They will be open on Saturday from 10am-5pm and on Sunday from 12-5pm. Click here for more information on the Market Days.
- Downtown Cruise – In – October 7, 2017
- The Downtown Cruise-In is always the first Saturday of each month running from April to October. This month’s theme is Orphans, made out of production. Gates open on 3rd and Allen Street one house before the Cruise-In begins. Find more information about Downtown Cruise – In can be found here.
- Trunnell’s Farm Market
- Trunnell’s Farm Market & Family Fun Acre combines fresh produce, education, and entertainment – all wrapped into one “Homegrown Family Fun” experience. The Trunnell Farm is over 1,600 acres and is a working farm that produces crops such as corn, wheat, hay, soybeans, pumpkins, and vegetables. Not only do we offer fresh produce at our market, but we also provide opportunities for families and groups to explore our farm, learn about where their food comes from, and to have fun with the many attractions in our Family Fun-Acre.
Trunnell’s Farm Market on HWY 54
- Farm Animal Day – October 9 · 11am-1pm
- Pumpkin, Paint, & Picnic – October 10 · 11am-2pm
- Mommy & Me: Create Your Own Carmel Apple – October 11 · 11am-2pm
- Mommy & Me: Spook-Tacular Treats – October 12 · 11am-12pm
- Leaf Art Day – October 13 · 11am-2pm
- Pumpkin Spectacular – October 14 · 11am-3pm
Trunnell’s Farm Market in Utica
- OctoberFest– September 30 & October 1
- The Great Pumpkin Fest – October 7 & 8
- Fall Break Family Fun on the Farm – October 9 – 13
- Moonlit’ Harvest Fest – October 14
- Harvest Fest – October 15
- Fall Squash-N-Pumpkin Gobble Fest – October 21 & 22
- Halloween Bash & Pumpkin Smash Fest – October 28 & 29
- Reid’s Orchard
- Reidland Play Area – September 9 – October 28, 2017
It’s always a fun time at the Reidland Play Area with horse and pony rides along with many rides and activities. You will be able to enjoy the play area on Saturdays from 10am-4pm and on Sundays from 11am-5pm. The play area is open during the weekday from 8am-7pm, but not all the activities are available during this time.
- Apple Festival – October 21 & 22, 2017
The Apple Festival has become a family affair where the children enjoy the play area and carnival rides while the ladies enjoy shopping throughout a variety of craft booths and the men enjoy sampling many food booths. Many people plan out how they are going to make the most of their day at the festival by knowing what they are going to eat and what they will be taking home for later.
- Josh Turner LIVE in Concert – October 13, 2017
- Josh Turner is one of country music’s most recognizable hit makers with a deep voice and distinctive style. Turner has sold more than 12.5 million units and is one of the youngest members of the Grand Ole Opry. Tickets are available online at OwensboroTickets.com or at the Owensboro Convention Center’s Box Office.
- Monsters on the Ohio – October 14, 2017
- The largest catfish tournament in America will hit the waters of the Ohio River on Oct. 14. This is the opportunity for catfish anglers from across the country to compete against the best of the best for cash and prizes. The tournament weigh-in will be held at English Park at 4pm. Click here for additional information.
- Taste of Owensboro – October 16, 2017
- The Taste of Owensboro is an all you can eat evening with over 30 restaurants and regional wineries to sample from. The event also features a sensational selection of items in a silent auction. All
the proceeds from this event will benefit the outstanding educational programs. Tickets are available now at OwensboroTickets.com or by calling the RiverPark Center’s Box Office.
- Matthew West – The All In Tour with Jordan Feliz – October 19, 2017
- Matthew West is a four-time GRAMMY® nominee, a multiple-ASCAP Christian Music Songwriter/Artist of the Year winner and Dove Award recipient, and was awarded an American Music Award (2013), a Billboard Music Award (Top Christian Artist, 2014), a K-LOVE Fan Award (2016), and named Billboard’s Hot Christian Songwriter of the Year (2016). Get your tickets today at OwensbsoroTickets.com or by calling the Owensboro Convention Center’s Box Office.
- 2nd Annual OMSH Masquerade Ball – October 21, 2017
- Come to the O.Z. Tyler Distillery and have a rockin’ good time with the entertaining Nashville “Rock and Roll Pianos”! This event will also include food catered by Moonlite, drinks, dancing, a live auction and fun galore. Reserve your ticket today by calling the Owensboro Museum of Science and History at 270-687-2732. Proceeds from this event will go to the Owensboro Museum of Science and History to expand educational programs for children and adults.
- Acrobats of China – October 22, 2017
- The Acrobats of China are know for its cool precision, playful fun, and daring feats of human performance art. They are considered to be one of the most skilled and highly awarded Chinese Acrobatic Troupes. Get your tickets today at OwensboroTickets.com or by calling the RiverPark Center at 270-687-2770.
- Arsenic and Old Lace – October 1 · 2pm
The classic comedy about two lovable spinsters who relieve the misery of lonely people by poisoning them. This time-honored crowd pleaser is often included in the “Best American Plays” collections, and with good reason. Order your tickets today by calling the Theatre Workshop of Owensboro at 270-683-5333.
- Dead Man’s Cell Phone – October 27, 28, & 29
A nonstop ringing cell phone in a quiet café, a stranger who has had enough, and a dead man with a lot of loose ends. Sarah Ruhl’s wildly imaginative comedy explores the morality, redemption and the need to connect in a technology obsessed world. Get you your tickets today by calling the Theatre Workshop of Owensboro at 270-683-5333.
- 28th Annual Trail of Treats – October 26
- This is your chance to Trick-or-Treat in downtown Owensboro, KY. There will be over 60 booths set-up by local businesses and organization to hand out candy. You will also be able to enjoy meet and greets with some of your favorite characters. You can find more information by clicking here.
- Owensboro Symphony Opening Night Concert – October 29, 2017
- Troy Quinn begins his Inaugural Season as Music Director for the Owensboro Symphony Orchestra. This season will be filled with monumental works from the greatest symphonic names in music, including Brahms, Tchaikovsky, Mendelssohn, and Mozart. Experience the thrill of a performance by internationally acclaimed violinist Rachel Barton Pine. Tickets are available now at the RiverPark Center’s Box Office 270-687-2787. See you at the Symphony!
- Join the Western Kentucky Botanical Garden for their final monthly work session of 2017 on Oct. 7 from 9am-12pm. Lunch will be provided at noon.
“World War I and America” Exhibit
Historic Coal Mine Tours
Kids and Art in Artland
Way of the Land: The Farm Story
Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday at 1205 Triplett St., 8am-1pm