We can all agree. 2020 was terrible. Horrible in fact. It was gut punching, depressing and felt like that same nightmare over and over again. It was hard. Sad.
Though it may not happen as quickly as we would like, 2021 will be different. It will be better. Eventually, it might even be best. Joy. Happy tears. Looking forward.
Here’s our list of the Top 21 Things To Look Forward to in 2021…
- ROMP Returns– One of the largest bluegrass festivals in the entire country will make its incredible comeback at Yellow Creek Park. Bluegrass music will sound the hills and we’ll gather in confidence celebrating music in Kentucky’s Music City.
- Owensboro Convention Center Events– Tradeshows, OMGcon! And conventions are just a few of the events planned for 2021 at the Owensboro Convention Center.
- The Owensboro Air Show– Marvel will fill the air in Owensboro on August 13-15 as the US Navy Blue Angels and US Fair Force F-35 Demo Team soar over the Ohio River in downtown Owensboro.
- Friday After Five– Owensboro’s favorite free concert series will come back to downtown Owensboro in Summer 2021.
- Owensboro Symphony– The 2021-22 Owensboro Symphony season is filled with A Night At the Oscars, a tribute to The Greatest Showman and even a superhero night.
- The Great Race– The most famous cross-country old-school vehicle race will make an overnight stop in Owensboro on June 23.
- Eating Out With Friends– Remember when you could make a fun Friday plan with friends to eat at your favorite local restaurant? That’s coming back in 2021 too.
- Two Local Breweries Hit Their Stride– Both The Brew Bridge and Milewide will be unveiling some incredible events and beers in 2021.
- Hydrofair– On August 20-22, hydroplane racing returns to the Owensboro Riverfront. The sound of roaring hydroplanes will fill downtown.
- Green River Distilling Company Bourbon Release– In 2021, the Green River Distilling Company will bring an iconic bourbon back to life with the release of its Green River Bourbon. This four-year-old bourbon will reestablish Owensboro as a bourbon mainstay.
- All American 4th of July– The spectacle of tremendous live music and July 4thfireworks return to the riverfront.
- Local Theatre– Theatre Workshop of Owensboro has a show for everyone in 2021.
- Porchfest– One of the best live music events in the country returns to the porches of Griffith Avenue homes in June 2021.
- Downtown Bar Hopping– Just imagine yourself headed downtown for the evening to check out multiple bars without thinking anything of it. The Pub on Second, Mellow Mushroom, SIP and more downtown entertainment options are opening in 2021.
- Bluegrass Music Hall of Fame Concerts– The best bluegrass musicians in the entire world will start playing again at the Bluegrass Music Hall of Fame and Museum.
- Parades/Festivals– Both the Christmas Parade and the Veterans Parade will march on in 2021. The Reid’s Orchard Apple Festival should be back in October along with countless events at Trunnell’s Family Farm Acre, Preservation Station and of course Diamond Lake Resort.
- Western Kentucky Botanical Garden– The Garden will launch a grand entrance with their WeatherBerry addition.
- RiverPark Center Performances– The amount of variety in the 2021 season at the RiverPark Center is astonishing. Ted Nugent, Pink Floyd Laser Spectacular, Lonestar, Dinosaur Quest are just a few of the shows to watch out for.
- Public Art– You won’t believe all of the spectacular public art that is planned for 2021 which includes downtown murals.
- Owensboro Sportscenter Events– Whether it’s watching your favorite local team or catching concerts like REO Speedwagon, the Sportscenter will be busier than ever.
- Energy On Ice– An outdoor synthetic ice skating rink will make its Owensboro debut and we’ll see the Hot Chocolate Hop and Holiday Stroll return in 2021.