Fall Break in Owensboro, KY is October 9-13. Have you made plans yet? Whether you are a visitor or local come discover all the great things our town has to offer during the week of Fall Break.
Trunnell’s Farm Market in Utica
- The Great Pumpkin Fest, Oct. 7-8: A pumpkin celebration filled with great food and fun activities for the whole family!
- Fall Break Family Fun on the Farm, Oct. 9-13: Come out and enjoy wagon rides, the family fun acre, the animal barnyard and much more! The Farm Grille will also be open so bring your appetite.
- Moonlit’ Harvest Fest, Oct. 14: The entire family will enjoy moonlit’ fun at Trunnell’s from 6-10pm with hayrides to the pumpkin patch, a visit to the Animal Barnyard, bonfires and much more!
- Harvest Fest, Oct. 15: The Harvest Festival will feature great farm fun for the whole family! You will not want to miss the Pumpkin Princess Story Time beginning at 3pm.
Trunnell’s Farm Market on Highway 54
- Farm Animal Day, Oct. 9: Children will be able to get up close and personal with all our baby animals for a hands on farm animal learning experience.
- Pumpkins, Paint & Picnic, Oct. 10: Enjoy decorating a pumpkin, listening to the story “Spookly the Square Pumpkin”, face painting, and a picnic on the patio.
- Mommy & Me: Create a Caramel Apple, Oct. 11: Kids will be able to dip their own apples in delicious caramel and then choose from different toppings to roll their yummy fall treat into.
- Mommy & Me: Spook-tacular Treats, Oct. 12: Have a great time learning how to make Ghostly Bananas and Pumpkin Patch Dirt Cups.
- Leaf Art Day, Oct. 13: Create a unique leaf art while learning how a variety of tress and leaves change throughout each season.
- Pumpkin Spectacular, Oct. 14: Kids will enjoy playing the Pumpkin Toss, Pumpkin Sculpting Contest, Face Painting, Meet & Greet with the Minion characters and much more.
- Reidland Play Area: Enjoy horse and pony rides along with a petting zoo and many rides and activities in the Reidland Play Area!
- Fall Break Hours: Oct. 9, 10, 12, and 13 from 10am-4pm and Oct. 11 from 1-4pm.
- Fall Break Fun, Oct. 9-15: Visit the 2nd floor of the library for a Scavenger Hunt and Drop-in Craft.
Museum Hours: Tues.-Sat. 10am-5pm and Sun. 1-5pm
- “World War I and America” Exhibit: Get the chance to walk through a WWI trench, learn what life was like for the soldiers and how Owensboro’s Homefront helped the war effort.
- Historic Coal Mine Tour: Put a coal mine helmet on and join us on a trip through the Rudy Coal Mine, featuring the history of coal mining in Daviess County during the 19th Century, along with the 1930’s time period. Tour Times are Mon.-Sat. 3-4pm and Sat. 11:30am-12:30pm.
- Kids in the Kitchen, Oct. 10 at 10:30am: Join the Junior League of Owensboro in learning how to make pumpkin humus and fresh apple cider. You will also get the chance to decorate a mini pumpkin!
- LIVE Alpacas and Tortoise Encounter, Oct. 11 at 11am-12pm: Meet and take photographs with “Grayson” and “Baron” the Alpacas and some very large tortoises that LOVE to explore the museum!
- Meet LIVE Sting Rays, Oct. 13 at 1-3:30pm: Our friends from the Newport Aquarium’s Wave Foundation will be presenting live STING RAYS in their brand-new String Ray Cart.
Museum Hours: Tues.-Fri. 12-5pm and Sat.-Sun. 1-4pm
- Kids and Art in Artland: Enjoy a special place designed to challenge and stimulate the imagination while allowing children to create works of art at their own pace.
- Way of the Land: The Farm Story: An invitational exhibition designed to document the region’s agrarian culture, features works by contemporary artists in a wide variety of media, complemented by vintage farming artifacts.
Museum Hours: Tues.-Sat. 10am-5pm
- Tour the International Bluegrass Music Museum: the exhibits and Video Oral History Project documentaries capture the first generation bluegrass artists as they recount their stories, struggles, and successes through the burgeoning time period of the 1940s and 50s all the way to the present day.
- Thursday Open Jam, Oct. 12: Pickers of all skill levels are encouraged to participate.
Owensboro Convention Center
- Josh Turner will be live in concert on Friday, October 13 at 7pm! Tickets are on sale now at OwensboroTickets.com.
We love to see all the fun everyone is having this Fall Break in Owensboro, KY! Make sure to tag us @visitowensboro and use the hashtag #myobky in your pictures.