Experience Bluegrass is a music day camp for children ages 8 to 12. They will learn all about local legend, Bill Monroe, and how he started Bluegrass music as they tour the museum and see the instruments played. They will take what they learn and turn it into a song to record. Each child will get their very own copy of the song on CD. Students will also learn to play the fiddle tune “Boil The Cabbage Down” and sing Blue Moon of Kentucky(instrument provided). They will also learn an old time square dance and draw pictures about Bill Monroe’s music. Friday there will be a performance with all the students for family and friends. They will show off all their new skills!
Deadline to register is July 18.
- 10:00 am to 12:00 pm each day for ages 8 and 9
- 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm for ages 10 to 12
- International Bluegrass Music Museum – 207 E. 2nd Street
- Only $80 (if you register by July 1st – $90 after July 1st) which includes everything needed for camp and CD of original song
- Performance for family and friends Friday July 25th at 11:30am for ages 8 and 9 and 2:30 pm for ages 10 to 12.
- Class size limited to 25
- DVD videos of the kids throughout the week at camp along with Friday’s performance available for $15