The Owensboro Daviess County Convention and Visitors Bureau is adding a new position to the team!
If you meet the qualifications and are interested in joining the CVB as Marketing Assistant, please read the job description below and respond by Monday, July 20, to be considered.
The Owensboro Daviess Co Convention & Visitors Bureau has an entry level job opening for a marketing assistant to work as part of a team to meet the organization’s overall goals for increasing tourism. The marketing assistant reports to the marketing coordinator and assists in preparing and implementing visual collateral and presentation materials and creates marketing content that helps articulate the value of our community’s attractions for use in websites, social media, email, print, radio, video, displays and more.
- Interviewing and Writing
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Experience with WordPress or similar
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Photography and Basic Videography
- Video editing with iMovie or similar
- Familiarity with a variety of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest)
- Social Orientation – Job requires preferring to work with others rather than alone and being personally connected with others on the job.
- Cooperation – Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Dependability – Job requires being reliable, responsible and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Initiative – Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges, offer opinions and the ability to drive projects from inception to completion with little guidance.
- Achievement/Effort – Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
- Judgment and Decision Making – Job requires ability to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Integrity – Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Attention to Detail – Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Candidate must be very articulate, have a sense of humor and be easy going – but very disciplined. We need a culture fit!
This is an entry level full time position with an annual starting salary of $26,000-$29,000 plus benefits (based on skills and experience). The ideal candidate is a college graduate with a degree in marketing, communications, English, journalism or a related field. Current students working toward completion of a degree on a part time basis, who are available for full time work, are also encouraged to apply.
To apply by email, send PDF of resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “Marketing Assistant.” Or Mail or deliver hard copy resume and cover letter to Owensboro Daviess Co. Convention & Visitors Bureau, 215 East 2nd St., Owensboro, KY 42303. To be considered for an interview, please include a link or links to an online portfolio or other examples demonstrating some or all of the desired skills above.
If you have questions about this position or the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Marketing Assistant Question.”
Please apply by Monday, July 20, to be considered.